The Galicia Wine Museum is located in the heart of the O Ribeiro area, in the parish of Santo André de Camporredondo, within the municipality of Ribadavia (Ourense).
Santo André de Camporredondo, s/n.
32415 Ribadavia - Ourense.
From Vigo / Ourense: A-52 Rías Baixas Motorway. Exit 252 towards OU-406 / Ribadavia. N-120 Logroño - Vigo. OU-211 to Santo André de Camporredondo.
From Santiago: AP-53. Exit 73 towards Carballiño. OU-504 16 km up to OU-211 on the left, 3.1 km.
From Ribadavia: OU-211. 5.5 km.
From Lugo: N-540 - N-525. 108 km.
From Carballiño: OU-504, 11 km up to OU-211 3.1 km.
Google coordinates: 42.321185, -8.109265.
FRIDAY TO SUNDAY:
Winter (October 1 - May 31):
10:00-14:30 / 16:00 - 19:30
Summer (June 1 - September 30):
10:00-14:30 / 17:00 - 20:30
May 1, December 25 and January 1
Special opening times
WEEK OF MAY 18 (International Museum Day)
Mon-Sun: 10:00-14:30 / 16:00-19:30
RIBADAVIA THEATRE FESTIVAL:
Mon-Sun: 10:00-14:30 / 17:00-20:30
RIBEIRO WINE FAIR AND HISTORY FESTIVAL
CONSTITUTION BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND
10:00-10:00-14:30 / 16:00-19:30
EASTER WEEK (THURS-SUN)
10:00-14:30 / 16:00-19:30
- Photographs can be taken for personal use, without a flash and without a tripod or selfie stick. Photographs for professional use must be duly authorised.
- The museum can be accessed with prams.
- Pets are not allowed into the museum. Guide dogs for the blind are allowed to enter.
- No food or drink may be consumed in indoor spaces, The museum has an outdoor rest area.
- Access to rooms is not allowed with large packages (> 35x35 cm), umbrellas or other pointed objects. We have lockers available in which objects of this type can be left.
- Do not touch the objects on display in the museum, respect all fixtures and fittings, and refrain from leaning on cabinets and handrails.
- If you come with children, ensure that they stay close to you and explain to them the importance of not touching the objects. Do not allow them to run through the rooms.
- In line with current legislation, smoking is not permitted inside the museum.
11:00 / 17:30
Weekends 12:00 / 18:00
Upon request (Minimum 10 participants)
(+34) 988 783 075.
The virtual visit offers an overview of the history of winemaking in Galicia. On this tour, visitors can make a panoramic visit of the Museum’s eight rooms and become acquainted with its collections. They will also be able to appreciate the richness of its museographic proposal, the exhibition discourse of which includes the building itself, a construction conceived back in the Middle Ages as large wine factory, with its five wine presses and the wine cellar hewn out of stone.
The entrance gate and doorway leading into the museum have openings of a suitable width. There are no doors throughout the entire exhibition route, allowing for excellent accessibility and circulation
Owing to the terrain, the entrance to the museum has a ramp with a handrail and slope suitable for wheelchairs and prams.
There is a lift connecting all the floors in the museum, including the cellar.
The reception desk is of suitable height to accommodate individuals in wheelchairs or of short stature.
There are benches in the terrace area of the museum, on the main floor, on the floor of the wine presses and in a number of exhibition rooms. Also, in the lobby, alongside the information board for events and activities related with the world of wine in Galicia.
There is an adapted toilet on the Museum’s floor, which also has nappy changing facilities.
For taking a rest and having a chat, the museum offers visitors its large terrace overlooking the vineyard.
All the audio-visual displays in the museum feature sign language. The museum's multimedia guide also has a sign guide to facilitate the audio-guided tour of the museum for deaf people.
WINE MUSEUM APP
The museum offers its visitors a free, multimedia app: Galicia Wine Museum, with audio description, sign language and subtitled audio.
Download the free “Wine Museum” app. Available for IOS and Android
- The Galician Wine Museum MULTIMEDIA GUIDE is a device which improves the performance of traditional audio guides, offering information on the exhibition formats: text, image and audio.
- It offers two types of visit: the full visit (60 mins) and the full visit with games (90 mins), accessible in three languages: Galician, Spanish and English.
- The device (tablet) with the guide is free to borrow, and can be picked up at the front desk and returned at the end of the tour.
- The guide is accessible and includes audio description, sign language, and subtitled audio.
- GALICIAN WINE MUSEUM APP. As an alternative to the loan of the device with the multimedia guide, for IOS and ANDRIOD mobile phones and tablets, the Museum offers a free app with extra material; in addition to the visits, it includes the wine routes of all five or Galicia’s designations of origin. Ribeira Sacra, Ribeiro, Valdeorras, Rías Baixas and Monterrei.
- For each itinerary there is a list and an interactive map with geo-location that links up with Google maps to reach the establishments, with oenoturistic information on wineries, tourist offices, wine fairs, museums, leisure activities, monuments associated with wine culture, restaurants, accommodation and shops forming part of the route.
- The app can be downloaded from App Store and Google Play.
- The app with the five wine routes will enable the public to enjoy a complete wine tourism experience. The application leads us though the territories of the designation of origin of Galician wine and includes the websites of wineries and establishments along the routes, so that users can consult the oenoturistic options on offer, in addition to guiding them through the extensions of vineyards and the rich wine heritage.